Sunday 3 January 2016

Winter Slaw Salad with Apple, Celery & Cucumber

As, I joined in with Veganuary the past couple of years, but then reverted back to being vegetarian pretty soon afterwards, I thought I'd try something a little different this year. Instead of cutting out eggs and dairy, I thought I'd try reducing them instead (alongside meat substitutes), whilst trying to eat more raw/whole foods, fresh fruit & vegetables and pulses...

This seasonal salad is a great way to get an extra one or two portions of fruit and veg in, if served alongside a carb-based main meal.
  • 1 firm eating apple, cored and sliced
  • ½ cucumber, de-seeded and sliced
  • 2 sticks of celery or ½ bulb fennel sliced
  • 25g/1oz chopped walnuts
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise or vegan mayo (or vinaigrette made with 1 dsp olive oil mixed with 1 dsp white wine vinegar)
  • A little fresh, chopped dill or parsley
 NCRPrepare the apple and place in acidified water (a bowl of water with 1 tsp lemon juice), whilst you prepare the other ingredients.
Drain the apple and blot dry with kitchen town.
Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and stir in the mayo or dressing.
Refrigerate until needed

.I'm entering this recipe to this month's No Croutons Required Challenge, co-hosted by Jacqui at Tinned Tomatoes and Lisa at Lisa's Kitchen
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing with NCR. I would certainly enjoy a plate of that right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. I love hearing your opinions, so please rest assured that genuine comments and competition entries will be visible after approval. This may take 24-48 hours, depending on how hectic my work/home life is at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...