Sunday 31 October 2010

Multicultural measuring cups

Some of my recipes use cup measurements rather than weights. I'm a big fan of measuring cups as they are so easy to use (and are great when you've got the kids helping in the kitchen).

Confusingly an American cup holds 237ml and a metric cup (used in Australia, Canada and the UK) holds 250ml. Just to be different, I use a 200ml measuring cup for my recipes, as that's the size of the one which came with my bread maker...after some careful research (OK I Googled) I have found that this turns out to be a Japanese cup!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment. I love hearing your opinions, so please rest assured that genuine comments and competition entries will be visible after approval. This may take 24-48 hours, depending on how hectic my work/home life is at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...